- Brainstorm the best essay topics. Find a great topic and learn which ones to avoid.
- Write a successful essay that gets you accepted. The complete essay-writing workshop guides you through developing your topic, writing, editing and perfecting your essay.
- Avoid the 25 worst essay-writing mistakes. Don't get caught by these essay traps.
- Discover what admission officers want in an essay. In their own words, admission officers share with you what makes a great essay. These officers decide the fate of thousands of students each year. Disregard their advice at your own risk.
- Learn from over 50 successful admission essays. Read some of the best college admission essays written by students like you who gained admission to: Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Berkeley, UCLA, Brown, Cornell, Bard, William and Mary, Duke, Rice, Northwestern, USC, Chicago, Michigan, Dartmouth, Penn, MIT and more!
- 224 pages
- Click to Get Special Amazon Price
You will prepare powerful and successful admission essays with the tools provided in this invaluable, newly-updated resource for the college-bound. Examples of 50 real essays are included, discussing such topics as leadership, personal obstacles, athletics, public service, special talents and future goals. The strengths and successes of each example are analyzed, as well as the inspirations of each writer. A comprehensive writing workshop provides tips toward selecting topics, developing stories, editing drafts and applying finishing touches. Further examples of 12 unsuccessful essays, a list of 25 easy mistakes to avoid and new interviews with admissions officers are presented to help would-be entrants avoid costly blunders.Table of Contents
1. The Almighty Admission Essay
2. The Ingredients of the Essay
3. How to Find the Perfect Topic
4. The Essay-Writing Workshop
5. Recycling Your Essays
6. Roundtable with Admission Officers
7. 57 Successful Admission Essays
8. Parting Words
“As admission officers look for more subtle ways to make fine distinctions among so many qualified applicants, the personal statement, or college essay assumes growing importance. This book can help students gain the necessary edge that will make their applications stand out. Gen and Kelly Tanabe are nationally recognized experts in every facet of the college application process. They have written several books on the topic and blend humor, organization and specific real life examples with a highly readable style to assure your success.”
--David Miller, Director of College Counseling, Stevenson School
“I would like to extend my greatest appreciation to your Accepted
publication. I recently applied to Cornell University. I read your book from cover to back, wrote an essay about “Snorkeling in Okinawa," and got ACCEPTED to Cornell. Thank you very much for your help, and I’ll be sure to refer this book to anyone applying to college.”
“If you’re struggling with your essays, the Tanabes offer some encouragement.”
--College Bound Magazine
Accepted! 50 Successful College Admission Essays
By: Gen & Kelly Tanabe
Special Amazon Price: Click to View